Embedded system design
Our company name "Embedded Acoustics" says it all. We spend most of our time, energy and resources on developing embedded systems which are applied in the field of acoustics. We have a team of highly specialised hardware and software engineers who enjoy developing high-end embedded systems for challenging applications. We have the knowledge, the team and the tools to create products that are on the cutting edge of our field.
A few examples of projects we've been working on recently:
- Design of the Respicom headset for fire fighters, featuring a novel (and greatly improved) bone microphone technique, as well as an integrated digital signal processor.
- Design of various 3D audio systems, based on different architectures (from embedded PC to low-power small-formfactor dedicated DSP).
- Design of networked microphones for recording purposes
- Design (and manufacture) of our own range of measuring instrument and pro-audio DSPs
- Development of digital protocols for short-range military audio transmission.
- Development of 3D "virtual ears" for use on a remotely controlled robot
- Development of an intelligent digital switchbox for headsets
- Development of tiny line amplifiers and microphone amplifiers that can be included in-line in headset cables
Although we are certainly proud of our track record, you will not find descriptions of our design projects (or customer references) on our website. We respect and protect the interests of our customers; we choose not to showcase projects on this website. However, if you would like to know more, please contact us; we will gladly provide references.